Monday, December 3, 2012

S.O.S! My Skin is in Distress!!

Hello Beauties!! For the past couple of months, my face has been acting a fool. With breakouts, blemishes and pores that seem larger than life (I should stay away from the magnifying mirror haha). I know some of my issues could very easily be the stresses of a new job and having Christmas just around the corner. But I also think that my normal skincare routine may simply not be working.


I have been using Aveeno's Ultra-Calming foaming cleanser, which during the summer worked great. But then in the summer I wear lighter makeup, if any at all. So, I am guessing that it just isn't enough for the colder temps and heavier makeup I am now using.


So, I went to the store today and spent a good thirty minutes reading and searching for something better. And decided on two different cleansing products and a moisturizer.



For my first item, I chose L'oreal's Go 360 Clean Anti Breakout cleanser, salicylic acid acne treatment.



There are five different options to choose from in this 360 line. Each coming with a scrublet that fits perfectly into the bottle. 
What L'oreal claims, "Clinically Proven Results to significantly decrease the number of blemishes, blackheads and acne."


The Scrublet:


The little rubber bristles are really soft, so no worries about it damaging the skin.


My next choice was Pond's Luminous Clean cream cleasnser, with soft white Kaolin Clay, "a natural mineral known to act like a magnet to draw out deep-dwelling impurities. It also has emollients such as glycerin which draws moisture from the enviroment, leaving skin feeling soft and smooth." -Pond's
Pond's claim, "Gently draws out trapped impurities and make-up to brighten dull skin."
It is dermatologist tested, hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic-won't clog pores.


 I also purchased Pond's Dry Skin Cream. I normally use Pond's moisturizer for normal skin, but given it's winter time, I opted for something to help with my winter dry skin. I love Pond's moisturizers, they have worked well for me.


Now I plan on using only the 360 for the first 2 weeks, to see how it affects my skin, ie no reactions etc. and to see if it alone works for me. 

I am familiar with Pond's products and never have had any adverse reactions with any of their products. After the first two weeks, I will be using the 360 cleanser around once or twice a week and Pond's cleanser the other days.

I really hope I can get my skin back into shape. So wish me luck!

If you have used L'oreal's 360 Clean anti-breakout, or even the Pond's Luminous Clean, please let me know your thoughts on it.

I will be doing an update at the end of the two weeks to let you all know my thoughts on the 360. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I went to my favorite place today! The Library!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the library. I look forward to my biweekly visit so I can spend countless hours looking through shelves of books, and sitt...