Sunday, January 12, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 Wrapup

So as many of  you know, this past week I have been participating in bout of books read-a-thon.

I started off reading The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy and was doing pretty good. I finished the book, then found by the middle of the week I was moving at a snails pace with my reading. Mostly life happening, but also, I found that I was not able to enjoy my second book, The Darkest Craving by Gena Showalter. I love this series (Lords of the Underworld), but felt I was rushing and missing a lot of the story. 

Note, this read-a-thon is not some mad dash, it is very laid back actually. But I still felt a self-imposed push to read as much as possible. It is all my fault *sigh*. lol

Anyway, I decided on an easier read and picked up my Pretty Little Liars Wicked box set by Sara Shepard. It is I believe the second box set in the series. 

And yup! That did the trick! I picked it up on Wednesday evening and finished it Thursday evening. So, Friday morning I woke up and picked up my sons graphic novel, Neon Genesis Evangelion.  And had it read by late Friday afternoon!

I then grabbed book 2 from the Pretty Little Liars set, Killer on Friday night, and completed it on late Saturday afternoon. I took a break to go out and visit with the real worlders on Saturday night.

Then I ended bout of books with Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell on Sunday!

I felt at first I wasn't doing so well, but after some chit chat with others on twitter, I realized I needed to not worry about it. Looking over my reads this week, I did pretty freaking good! And I enjoyed what I was reading. And THAT, my friends, is what it is all about! 



Recap of books and pages read:

The 5th Wave: 458
The Darkest Craving: 53
PLL Wicked: 311
PLL Killer: 322
Neon Genesis Evangelion: 513
Fangirl: 73

Which gives me a total of  *drum roll* 1730 pages read for bout of books read-a-thon!

Not to shabby if I do say so myself.

Did you join in on the bout of books read-a-thon this week? If so, how did you do?

Also, if you have read any of the above books, let me know which ones and how you liked them!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment