Thursday, February 20, 2014

Top Five Most Hated Character Names.

Hi my fellow book lovers! I am going to start in on a series that was created by Gingerreadslainey. She started a series call Top Five Wednesday.   

I'm starting this whole shebang with her first of this series, Top Five Most Hated Character Names.



5.  Malfoy. As in Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter. I don't like that name, not because he was just an unlikeable character, but saying it felt like a really large piece of gum in my mouth. (Please tell me you understand that heh). And yes, maybe his nastiness played a tiny part by association.


4. Renesmee Cullen from Twilight.When I first heard it, I was like huh? Then when I first saw it written, I felt my face scrunch up trying to make sense of the reason for such a nonsensical name. I just do not like it. 


3. Percy from Percy Jackson and the Lightening Theif. That name is just not attractive to say or hear. 


2. Bean from The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown. Her actual name is Bianca, which I love, but they nickname her Bean. It is such an ugly thing. I just imagine a soup bean for some reason. An ugly, reddish soup bean. lol 


1. Dwynwyn from The Bronze Canticles by Tracy and Laura Hickman. This name is what i refer to as a reading speed bump. You are moving along the story, really immersed in the world and what is happening, then you come across this name, Dwynwyn, and you find that you slow down to linger on it for a second while you try to pronounce it or make sense of it in your head or out loud. Even the look of the letters combined together look off. 


What are your most hated character names? Please share with us in the comments section below!

Thanks so much for stopping by! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment