Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Top 5 Wednesday | Recommendations for new readers

Hello fellow Booklovers! 

This weeks top 5 topic is; recommendations for new readers.

Now, I did have a bit of trouble deciding the books. The new reader may be new or may not read as much as some of us. BUT they can be a varied in interest as their are books. 

So, I had to stop over-thinking it and just try to find books that I enjoyed and feel they are easy to pick up and be quickly engaged in the world that lives inside the covers. 

In no particular order:

Fablehaven by Brandon Mull

I have talked about this series many times. And for good reason. They are brilliant! Such a wonderful and vibrant world that any reader, new or otherwise can easily enjoy and love. 


The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

A classic and favorite of mine. This is such an endearing story that is easy to just lose yourself in. It is just a beautiful book for a new reader to fall in love with reading. I feel this way because it is the book that opened the world of books up for me. Thank you Ms. Hartley! 



 The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs

This is a great book for a new or light reader. It is a great novel to pick up and curl up on the couch or even to read during lunch hour. It is compared to Steel Magnolias set in Manhattan. The story of a mother, daughter, their yarn shop and the wonderful women who come every week for knitting. Sharing stories and their lives of happy times and sorrow. I just love it!


 The Child Thief by Brom

I chose this book for the reader who may want something a bit more serious and maybe a little more darker. It takes the familiar story of Peter Pan and flips it upside down with a more modern world and a darker twist. I recommend this for both new and regular reader. It pulls you into this world and you find that you end up reading longer than you intended or even realized. 


 Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

Now, I know I have been singing the praises of Rainbow Rowell lately, but I just can't help it. Nor do I want to. I would, in all honestly recommend all of her books to both new and regular readers alike. 
They are not complicated nor are they simplistic. they are a perfect balance. They are so engaging, and the characters are so well written that you really do care about them. Attachments is set up mainly in email format, but don't let that deter you. It is so well done that you feel a bit voyeuristic, without actually being so. It really leads to a very interesting and enjoyable and fun read. 

So, that is my top 5 recommendations! I hope you enjoy and check out these books! I promise you will love them! 

Let me know if you have read these books or please recommend books that you would like for us to read! 

Thank you so much for stopping by! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment