Friday, January 3, 2014

My Take: The Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter

I stumbled upon these books about three years ago and have been hooked ever since!



"Long ago, twelve immortal warriors-each more dangerously seductive than the last--stole and opened Pandora's box, unleashing the evil from within. Now they carry that evil within themselves. Violence, Pain, Death, Disease, Disaster, Misery, Doubt, Promiscuity, Defeat, Lies, Secrets, and Wrath. When a powerful enemy returns, they will travel the world in search of a sacred relic of the gods-one that threatens to destroy them all."




This is a paranormal/romance series by Gena Showalter that takes us through the lives of these immortals. There is something for everyone in this series. From intense fighting scenes, to romantic moments.  There truly are so many layers to this series as a whole that keeps you turning the next page and going out and buying the next book. 

Each book focus' on one of the twelve Lords, while still getting to know and familiarize with the others.  As well as being introduced to so many other interesting characters that will play a huge part in the Lords lives. 

Gena Showalter is such an amazing author! I love how she takes a romance type of series and turns it into so much more. There is actual substance and depth to this series. A constant war is happening inside each Lord and constant war/danger going on around them. The world is wonderfully built and so engaging. I am more invested into what is actually going on in this world than what is going on in the bedrooms.

Though the romance can get pretty exciting, ( and trust me it does), I feel those moments in the books are authentic and not forced. It feels like a natural progression in the lives of the people we are reading about. 

I find I am truly attached to many of the Lords. 
 This is a series I will hold onto and revisit for years to come. 





I give this series a 5 out of 5 stars!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I went to my favorite place today! The Library!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the library. I look forward to my biweekly visit so I can spend countless hours looking through shelves of books, and sitt...